The countdown is on for the next
National Canadian Film Day, April 29, 2015.
If you’d like to take part – we’re here to help.
April 2, 2015: We’re Throwing a Party and Everyone Is Invited!!
April 29 is National Canadian Film Day, a day to throw off the shackles of fear and insecurity, stand together with Canadians from coast to coast and pat ourselves on the back for something other than various ice-related sports and sports-related doughnut shops. (Not that we don’t love ice-related sports and doughnuts.) It’s a light-hearted intervention for our national consciousness, a wake-up call to anyone who has not yet been exposed to the great cinematic stories we tell one another in this cold, vast country.
It is a way to get over ourselves and have some FUN!
National Canadian Film Day is presented by REEL CANADA and supported – without apology – by Scotiabank, Cineplex, CBC and a host of film festivals, movie clubs, schools, broadcasters and industry organizations.
On April 29, celebrate Canada by watching a great Canadian film.
Because we make great movies, that’s why! With a population the size of California’s living on a land mass the size of Russia, it’s not hard to see why it can sometimes be difficult for Canadians to get to know one another. The days of the CBC being one of three or four channels on TV are so behind us that most of you reading this have no idea what that reference even means.
Way back in the day, it was the railroad that tied us all together. Canada needs another kind of track for the 21st century, so REEL CANADA humbly suggests: Movies! It’s easier to watch a movie than take a train trip, and when it’s over you don’t have to find a hotel or deal with your luggage.
There are two things we’re trying to achieve: AWARENESS and AVAILABILITY. You can help in many ways:
We’ll have more information as the day gets closer!
- Help us spread the word on social media.
- Join in the conversation about Canadian movies via Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, & Instagram
- Use our image as your Facebook profile pic, or your Twitter avatar
- Put up one of our fantastic posters!
For April 29
- Post and tweet what Canadian movie you’re watching, where you’re watching and who you are with. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #CANFILMDAY so we can capture what everyone’s up to across the nation!
- Community Screenings: We want to make sure all Canadians have access to a great Canadian film on April 29. Host a community screening and let us know how we can help turn your venue into your community’s hottest destination on NCFD.
- In-store participation: Show your customers you LOVE great Canadian film with an in-store display of your top 5 Canadian film choices. We can support this activity by sending you a NCFD poster to display in-store and buttons to hand out to customers.
- In-store Screenings: Count down to NCFD with us by screening a great Canadian film each day the week leading up to April 29.
- Social Media: Join the celebration online. Last year, the inaugural edition of NCFD succeeded in trending on Twitter in Canada. This year we want to be even bigger!
- Pop-up Film Parties: If you’d prefer just to have some friends over and watch a great Canadian film in your living room, that’s ok too! We can send you a “party kit” to make your soiree special.
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact us at email@example.com.